Recently, The Knot posted a few questions you should ask your wedding caterer. We took the first five questions and answered them with a testimonial as well as our own little feedback. Here are our answers:
1. Does the caterer specialize in certain types of food or service? (They should provide you with sample menus to review.) Find a wedding caterer who can make a memorable meal.
“Please share with the Chef we have had rave reviews on the menu – everyone loved the food. I almost saw no empty plates or cups laying around — and magically someone was picking up things, well done,” said Robin, from Irvine.
You can see our menu options on our website. We have our corporate menus, wedding and reception menus, and special event menus. Please contact us for more details.
2. Can the caterer arrange for a tasting of the specific foods you’re interested in prior to hiring? (They should.) Schedule a tasting if you get a good vibe.
“The lunch was wonderful! Everyone enjoyed having something completely different and the leftovers were gobbled up by the other employees very quickly. I’m sure we’ll be calling you for the next big meeting. The set-up and clean-up were wonderful. I got a big thank you for finding and using you as well. I loved the apple cobbler. Went back for seconds and I didn’t even really like apple cobbler before! Thank you.” said TIna, from Costa
Yes, please contact us to schedule a tasting appointment today.
3. What is the caterer’s average price range? Are costs itemized depending on the foods you choose, or is there an all-inclusive flat rate? What would that include (linens, tax, and gratuity)? Does the caterer have printed price sheets for food selections? Make sure there’s room in your wedding budget.
“Price is very reasonable. I will certainly recommend your catering service to others,” said Maggie, from Irvine.
Our prices truly are reasonable and fair. Please contact us today for a quote on your upcoming event.
4. How involved is the caterer in a typical reception — does she work like a wedding coordinator or banquet manager, cueing the band, telling the couple when to cut the cake, adjusting the schedule if guests don’t seem ready to sit down to dinner? (You will need to find someone to fill this role — if your site manager or caterer isn’t going to do this, think about hiring a wedding coordinator.)
“Your servers had tables dressed, soft music playing, and food ready to go within minutes of when I got home from the church. I did not have to do anything. They were very attentive to our needs, but not intrusive. I would highly recommend Above All Catering to anyone who was in need of a caterer in Orange County,” said Jim and Joyce.
We will be as involved as you’d like us to be. Please contact us for more details on what we can offer you and your guests.
5. Will the caterer provide tables, chairs, plates, table linens, silverware, salt-and-pepper shakers, and more? Ask to see these items to make sure they’re acceptable. Do you have to rent tables, place settings, or other equipment? Or will they arrange for the rentals? If not, find wedding rentals in your area.
“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!! You helped make our wedding day a dream come true! Everything was absolutely beautiful! The set up of the tables and my centerpieces, to the cake and cake balls display, to the buffet table, and even the nacho bar… Everything was stunning! The food was delicious (we keep getting tons of great compliments)! And the cake balls were a huge hit!!! You were such an amazing person to work with! You went above and beyond as a coordinator! Our ceremony ran so smoothly and looked beautiful! And the fact that we started to run out of alcohol and you saved the day without anybody realizing it was so awesome. Thank you again for everything. I will continue to recommend you and Above All Catering to everyone I know,” said Kristen, from San Clemente.
Yes, we will provide whatever table settings you’d like to order. Again, please contact us for more details.
Our goal is to provide you the best-quality service you could hope for in a caterer. Please contact us today to get a quote on your upcoming special event.